We take reasonable measures to ensure that User data is stored securely using industry-standard encryption technologies as well as other security measures like two-factor authentication whenever possible. All payment card transactions are encrypted using SSL technology for additional security against fraud threats.
Collection of Information
We collect several types of information from customers and website visitors who use our services (collectively “Users”). We may gather personal data including your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, age/date of birth, gender, device type, browser type and version. We also may collect non-personal data such as IP addresses or other unique device identifiers.
We also collect some additional information from users in connection with their usage of our services. This includes usage data such as time spent on certain pages or features within our products. We also keep records of user support interactions for quality assurance purposes.
When you visit CiviClick.com, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log Files, which track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web Beacons, Tags, and Pixels are electronic files that we use to record information about how you browse the Site.
Disclosure of Information
Unless your service agreement specifically grants you exclusive ownerships of your data, then we reserve the right to license any data collected through our application to third parties for commercial purposes. We may also share some or all of your Personal Data with service providers under contract who help with parts of our business.
These contracts require that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit. We may also disclose Personal Data if required by law or legal process such as a court order or subpoena, if necessary, to investigate fraud or other illegal activity, to enforce our Terms of Service agreement, or to protect the rights, property and safety of others.
In addition, CiviClick may disclose certain non-personally identifiable information about Users for advertising purposes in order optimize our marketing efforts or track impressions/click-through rates for sponsored advertising content on our site(s). However, none of this will include any personally identifiable information or anything else that could be considered a breach in customer confidentiality unless previously consented upon by all parties involved in said transaction(s).
Use of Information
The information we collect from users enables us to personalize and improve the Services provided by CiviClick including the delivery of communications from constituents to elected officials, regulatory officials, or custom targets.
When you participate in a CiviClick powered campaign by sending a message to an elected or regulatory official or sign a petition via CiviClick or one of its services, we require some or all of the following information including your name, mailing address, email address, city, state, and zip code. However, this information is used only for constituency verification purposes, to match you with the appropriate elected officials that represent you on local, state, or federal level in government.
We may use insights derived from non-personally identifiable user data in order to make customer support more efficient or optimize features within our software application based on user preferences. In addition:
* We may send promotional emails about new products, upcoming events/webinars/training sessions related to CiviClick, special offers or other news about our company.
* We may use your personal data for internal research purposes such as understanding customer demographics.
* For customers who have purchased licenses for one of our products/services we may have additional roles/permissions associated with their account.
* We may also combine data from various sources (third parties) so that we can better understand user behavior in order to continually optimize the content displayed through CiviClick.
* We use automated decision-making technologies (such as machine learning) both on an individual level and an aggregate level in order to improve user experience within our app.
* For certain routine communications and administrative tasks, we will store personally identifiable and profile information including contact details (name & email address) in order to facilitate the delivery of communications to campaign targets at a future date in time.
*Information collected may be used to better understand how CiviClick is used by our customers to improve the overall user experience of the platform. This information is not used in a way that will personally identify you. Aggregated data may also be used by CiviClick, its advertising providers, its partners, and organizations using our software to make modifications to our platform features and to optimize performance for advertising campaigns.
Third Party Links & Content
CiviClick widgets and action forms may often be found as iframes on external websites owned by third parties over which we have no control nor responsibility over their respective privacy practices. As such do not assume responsibility for any content presented on those websites nor their respective policies regarding collection and/or usage of Personal Data.
Opt-Out & Deletion Rights
At any time, Users may opt out from receiving marketing emails they no longer wish to receive by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of each email sent by CiviClick or directly request removal of their account if they wish by sending an email request at [email protected]. On receipt of such a request CiviClick will delete all user account related personal data within thirty days as per GDPR regulations unless otherwise required by law enforcement agencies should suspicion exist over unlawful activities conducted under said account(s).
No Children Under 13
CiviClick does not allow (under any circumstance) the use of any of our products, tools, or services by persons under the age of 13. Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, no one under the age of 13 may use CiviClick. If a person is between the ages of 13-18, we strongly encourage them no to use CiviClick and to consult their parent(s) or legal guardian, before using our tools. We cannot always verify a user’s true age, so anyone suspected of violating this rule, may have their account suspended pending investigation.
This document was last updated on February 20, 2023.